A drainfield repair is usually needed due to the fact that a septic system was not properly maintained. Properly maintaining your septic system includes regular maintenance of the entire system. A costly drainfield repair can usually be prevented by regularly pumping out the septic tank. (The Environmental Protection Agency recommends pumping every 3 to 5 years).
Signs of a Failing System
- Wastewater back up in the house or yard.
- Foul odor from partially treated wastewater on the ground.
- “Blow outs” or holes on the shoulders of the drainfield.
- Drainfield is soggy when walking on it.
- Pooling water or muddy soil around the septic system.
- Strips of bright green grass over the drainfield.
If you notice any of these symptoms, call Crews Environmental immediately!