Do noises from the tank go “bump in the night” a bit too much? It might be time to give it some TLC.
To keep your tank in tip-top condition as Halloween nears, here are 5 ways to be a good septic system owner:
- Call Crews Environmental to pump out the tank when needed (especially if you are planning to have a large gathering of some costumed creatures).
- Use water efficiently. A single leaky or running toilet can waste as much as 200 gallons of water per day. Efficient water use improves the operation of a septic system and reduces the risk of failure.
- Understand how your septic system works and how to properly use and maintain it.
- Don’t dispose of any hazardous products in sinks, garbage disposals, or toilets. This could have spooky results.
- Something other than tissue in the toilet? Eek! Always dispose of these items in the trash: plastics, medication, cotton, dental floss, paper towels, wipes, and toxic substances.;
4 spooktacular reasons you should maintain your septic system::
- Helps save you money: Regular maintenance is a bargain compared to the frightening cost of repairing or replacing a malfunctioning system.
- Protects your property value: An unusable septic system or one in disrepair will become a sanitary nuisance.
- Helps keep you and your neighbors healthy: Household wastewater contains disease-causing bacteria and viruses and high levels of nitrogen and phosphorus. If a septic system is well-maintained and working properly, it will remove most of these pollutants.
- Protects the environment: Avoid discharging chemicals, paint, oil, and strong disinfectants in your septic system. These items will damage your drain field and could end up in the local waterways. That’s scary! Keeping up with your pumpouts and maintenance to help the environment? “Boo-Yeah!”